Intro to Ice Climbing Gov Dodge
Thursday, Feb 23, 2023 (10:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Leader: Adam Remus
This is an intro to ice climbing. We will be touring 2 areas and likely climbing at 1 area. Flexible start time depending on student schedules, but we would like to be on the road no later than 10:30 am. Please meet at the Outdoor UW office in the lower level of Memorial Union to coordinate gear.
You will need...
- Lots of layers of clothes (waterproof pants and jacket)
- Extra socks
- 2 or more pairs of gloves (we like a pair of thick and a pair of thin)
- Lots of water, snacks, food items
- headlamp (just in case)
- Harness and helmet (talk to the gear managers if you need to borrow)
- Adventurous Spirit
If you know how to set up top ropes, we will show you some of the ways to do that specifically at Governor Dodge for ice.
This trip is totally dependent on weather. We may have to cancel in the case of... no ice, poor conditions, too cold of temps.
- Event Type
- Trip (off-site, ratings may be achieved)
- Accommodation Information
- Driving or Travel Details
- Traveling to Governor Dodge State Park approximately 45 minutes west of Madison. We will try and leave MU by 10:30 am and return to Madison by 5:00 pm.
- Food and Equipment Information
- Please pack lots of food and water for the day. Please come prepared with warm and waterproof clothes.
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Full refund to participants if trip is cancelled due to weather.
- Trip Purpose/Goals
- To learn how to ice climb and have fun!