Trip Leader Training
Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 (8:00 am - 6:00 pm)
Fall Leader Training Clinic:
The purpose of this clinic is to go over the hard and soft skills that are needed to be a trip leader within the Hoofer Mountaineering Club. We'll cover the skills required to lead a trip at Devil's Lake. Remember to bring food and water for the day.
*In order to participate in this clinic, you must have obtained the Anchors 1 rating and be confident in both speed and security.
This clinic is free to participants due to the educational nature of the trip. All participants must be Mountaineering members and will consent to leading or co-leading at least 2 trips or clinics during the school year.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Accommodation Information
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Driving or Travel Details
- We will meet at the Park St. circle by Memorial Union(MU) at 8:00 am. We will be at Devil's Lake all day and plan to return to MU by 6:00 pm.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Food and Equipment Information
- Please come prepared with plenty of food and water for the day. If you need equipment for the day, please email the club gear manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Trip Purpose/Goals
- The purpose of this event is to train new leaders in the skill to lead safe and successful trips for the Hoofer Mountaineering Club.