Outdoor Explorer Series (Leadership Course): Conscious Leader
Tuesday, Nov 29, 2022 (5:30 pm - 6:30 pm)
Join Outdoor UW for their new Outdoor Explorer Series. Learn and practice a new skill that will make you more comfortable and excited for your next adventure!
Intro to Being a Conscious Leader:
Being in the outdoors allows us to disconnect from the society. However, societal issues continue to impact both us and the environment. This leadership course will reflect on the relationship between world topics and the outdoors. Although we may feel completely disconnected in the outdoors, these issues have a direct impact on your trip and your trip participants. Join us to learn how to become a conscious leader!
Upon completion of this class attendees will:
- Understand the importance of education about issues that impact the outdoors
- Learn what factors make the outdoor community exclusive and how to make the community more inclusive
- Articulate how major international events such as COVID and climate change affect the outdoors
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Accommodation Information
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- In the event that the course is cancelled by Outdoor UW, full refunds will be issued. Refunds will not be issued if participants cancel within 24 hours of event.
- Driving or Travel Details
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Please dress for the weather for any course that has an outdoor portion indicated in the description. All technical gear will be provided.
- Food and Equipment Information
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Trip Purpose/Goals