Sport Anchor cleaning clinic
Friday, Oct 8, 2021 (4:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
This introduction to Sport Anchor Cleaning clinic will be an "on the ground" simulation to cover some basic information. (NOT at a crag) We will be indoors at my Barn with plenty of space to physically distance and practice techniques. (**Allergen notice - There are cats, dogs, horses, hay and dust**)
This clinic is an excellent preparation for a new climber to learn, meet other climbers, and discuss crag etiquette before attending an outdoor clinic. This clinic will NOT provide you with all information and experience needed to get a Sport rating.
To get the most out of this clinic it is recomended to have a Top Rope rating.
This clinic will cover:
Steps to clean a sport route anchor and time to practice
Comunication between Climber and Belayer
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Accommodation Information
- Driving or Travel Details
- Travel is on your own. Farm is located 16 miles south of campus near Basco, WI (In Dane County). There is a Gravel/dirt State Bike (Badger State trail) path that connects to the Madison Bike trails, it intersects the county road ~1.5 miles from the farm. There is a possible opportunity for a fleet Van if a participant is qualified/passed fleet training to drive, and is willing to pick Van up, drive 2 others and return the van. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to take on this responsibility.
- Food and Equipment Information
- Bring your own: Face mask (Required), Water bottle - There is potable water on site but not a drinking fountain. No Food in Barn please. If you have your own harness, helmet, personal anchor, belay device please bring them. Club Harnesses and helmets can be reserved by contacting the gear managers, Club will provide all ropes and sport draws. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this Clinic is canceled participants will be notified by email not later than 12pm the day of the event. A new registration email will be sent out to all club members once a new clinic date is identified. It is free so no refund will be needed.
- Trip Purpose/Goals
- To introduce climbers to and allow practice of techniques used for cleaning sport anchors while in a safe "ground level" setting. Preparing members for outdoor clinics.