Friday, Sep 24, 2021 - 5:00 pm through Sunday, Sep 26, 2021 - 3:00 pm
Open to members and non-members alike, Welcome Weekend is YOUR trial run of Hoofer Mountaineering Club (HMC)! We'll be camping in Devil's Lake lower ice age campgrounds and climbing on the bluffs. Our leaders within HMC will be setting top rope anchors the morning of. No matter your climbing experience, you'll be able to get one some real rock this weekend.
- Event Type
- Trip (off-site, ratings may be achieved)
- Accommodation Information
- HMC has reserved 4 sites within Devil's Lake Lower Ice Age campground: 376, 377, 378, and 379. Each site can house 6 campers. Tents, sleeping bags, and sleeping pads are available for rental via Outdoor UW. HMC will coordinate tent sharing as well.
- Driving or Travel Details
- HMC will be renting out 6 minivans from UW Fleet that can hold 7 people each (1 driver + 6 passengers). Reserving seats in these are first come, first serve following event sign-up. Since HMC is renting these, a $10 transportation fee will have to be paid by all passengers. The minivans will be departing from Memorial Union on Friday at 5 PM and returning Sunday at 3 PM. HMC will also be coordinating a rideshare for those looking for more flexible modes of transportation.
- Food and Equipment Information
- Breakfast and dinners will be provided. Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free preferences will be accomodated. Here's the tentative menu: Dinners Veggie Stir Fry served over rice Plant-based brats (w/ GF buns available) Red Lentil Sloppy Joes (w/ GF buns available)P Breakfast Hashbrowns Eggs Veggie Sausage Oatmeal Berries Coconut Shavings Please note that lunches will NOT be provided!
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- In the event that the trip needs to be cancelled or cut short, participants will be notified via email the morning of. This event will NOT be rescheduled on cancellation. Refunds will be available before Thursday, September 16th 11:59 PM. After that, camping and transportation fees are non-refundable.
- Trip Purpose/Goals
- The purpose of this trip is to provide an awesome weekend of climbing at Devil's Lake to members and non-members.