Hillbilly Hollow Top Rope Clinic
Saturday, Apr 10, 2021 (9:00 am - 5:30 pm)
This all day clinic serves as a chance for climbers to learn how top roping works and how to do it well! During the clinic we'll be going over...
- How to tie a climber into a top rope with a double-backed figure eight knot (and storage knot)
- How to set up a top rope belay using an ATC
- How to check a climber/belayer before climbing
- How to perform a top rope belay
- What effective communication between a top roper and belayer looks like
We will be there all day, so we will have plenty of time to climb at Hillbilly Hollow!
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Accommodation Information
- (not set)
- Driving or Travel Details
- We will be providing free transportation using university fleet vehicles. We will have 3 vans in total, with 3 people in each van.
- Food and Equipment Information
- Bring your own lunch and water to the event. The club will provide all climbing gear needed for the event.
- Safety plan information to be shared with attendees:
- All participants must show a green badger badge prior to leaving for the park. Masks will be required at all times. Physical distancing of greater than 6 feet is required at all times. Helmets are required while climbing and belaying. 1 person per row in fleet vehicles.
- Sanitation plan for any equipment used during the event:
- All equipment will be sanitized before and after the event.
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- We will give participants notice of cancellation at least 24 hours in advance.
- Trip Purpose/Goals
- This is an educational event for all climbers.