Devil's Lake Climbing Sesh
Friday, Jul 12, 2019 (4:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Let's Go Climbing, Y'all!
RSVP encouraged, but you can also just show up.
What is it? Climbing at Devil's Lake
- Members and non-members are invited (a guest waiver will be available at the climbing site)
- You are encouraged to bring your friends!
- A brief explaination of risks, rules, and belaying (or spotting) will be available for newbies to get started. Never-ever climbers would find this a tricky way to start climbing.
- Come early at 3pm to practice your setting skills - we will not be teaching beginners, just offering feedback and confidence building.
When is it? 4pm-dark (8pm ish). This is part of our summer
What do you need?
- Bring water, snacks, and your own gear (helmets!). If you don't have gear, borrowing from the club may be an option. Contact the gear managers!
- A ride/ a car. This week, we will be offering a ride option, but in the future we may not. A 6 person van will be leaving from Memorial Union at 2:30PM - email email@example.com to secure a spot. Cost per person will be determined after the event. Otherwise, email firstname.lastname@example.org to find other ride-sharers!
- A state park parking pass (daily or yearly). Can be found at all parking areas except Old Sandstone
Where is it?
This week, please meet us at Many Pines Buttress.
For directions and information about the crag: https://www.mountainproject.com/area/105730107/many-pines-buttress
- Event Type
- (not set)