Anchors 2 Clinic
Saturday, Oct 7, 2023 (7:00 am - 4:00 pm)
This clinic provides an extension to anchor techniques learned in Anchors I for building top rope anchors, much of which is neccessary for climbing at Devil's Lake. Topics covered in this clinic include the use of traditional rock climbing protection in top-rope anchors and more advanced rigging systems. We will begin our clinic at the CCC parking lot at 8:00 am and finish around 4:00 pm. If all goes well, we should have time to build anchors and climb on them! You can expect to be back in Madison around 5:00 pm.
Anchors I rating or equivalent knowledge (message firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding this)
Items to bring:
- At least 2L of water
- Lunch and snacks
- Sturdy closed-toed hiking shoes
- Sun protection
- Climbing shoes*
- Belay device*
*can be rented from HMC, email a gear manager (email@example.com) to reserve
Optional items to bring (we don’t expect anyone to own these, but if you do, it can be useful to learn on your own gear) :
- Personal tethering system (e.g. sling, PAS, prussik, or auto-camming device like a Grigri)
- Anchor gear (e.g. cord, slings, runners, webbing, lockers/non-lockers, personal rack)
- Meet at Memorial Union Circle (parking circle between Memorial Union and Helen C. White hall) at 7 AM to carpool, otherwise you can meet at the CCC parking lot at 8 am.
- Email Adam Remus at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Accommodation Information
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Driving or Travel Details
- Meet at the Park St. circle next to Memorial Union at 7:00 am. Drive to Devil's Lake and begin our clinic around 8:00 am. Drive back to Madison and arrive at MU by 5:00 pm.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Food and Equipment Information
- Please pack plenty of snacks and water. Equipment can be reserved by emailing email@example.com
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Trip will be cancelled if too stormy. We may still run the clinic in the rain. TBD
- Trip Purpose/Goals
- To learn the use of artificial anchoring systems in rock climbing.